The Earth Elevator
During our outreach work in the Hancock Museum this summer ReFINE, in collaboration with Tommy Howell, developed an animation to help visualise Earth’s resources beneath our feet. Please click on our video to experience travelling through the subsurface in geological time encountering man-made structures and natural resources along your journey. Starting at the near-surface, we will show structures and activities within the subsurface to help us understand:
- How in the future could we warm our homes using low carbon heat sources?
- How we currently use resources in the subsurface to sustain food production?
- How there is a role for the subsurface in alleviating climate change?
- Where some of our freshwater comes from?
- What organisms live underground?